
So last week Kole and I went to the Doctors, knowing that we were pregnant. Yay we're preggers!!!:) But the doctor came out with some news that put us both into shock...
Here's how it happened.
We thought we were about 11 weeks along so the NP was trying to hear the heart beat with a little Doppler radar sound thingy. She couldn't find it but said that sometimes even at 11 weeks you can't hear it. She didn't want us to leave empty handed so she brought out a lab top ultra sound machine.
She showed us the heart beat and said that it was measuring about 8 and a half weeks (We'll be 10 weeks on Monday) and that's probably why we couldn't hear the heart beat. Then..... the shocker!!.... she says... "Um, I think there's twins in here.".....TWINS!!!!
Kole and I looked at each other with looks of excitement and pure fright!
She moved the wand thingy around on my stomach and showed us both of them. In the picture above the two black sacks are where our baby's are:)
We have come out of the shock a little bit, but knowing that we're going to have two instead of one is kind of a BIG surprise! We are so excited for our little ones to come into this world!
Neither of us ever thought we would have twins. I mean they don't run in my side of the family at all!!!! But Kole has a couple of twins that run in his moms side of the family.
These babies happened naturally which is so crazy to me! We actually did get a prescription for Clomed which can cause multiple births but we got pregnant before I could even take it. lol It's funny how things work out!
I love my husband with all my heart and I know that he is going to be the best Daddy ever! And I'm so excited to be a mommy, I just hope I have the patients to handle two at a time!! Thankfully I have awesome friends and family who have already offered to help with so many things.
In the next couple of months expect to see me growing at a rapid speed and expect to see me buying double of everything!!! :) I'll keep everyone posted!!
Oh and PS... this week the babies are the size of peppermint candies. (you know the ones that have red and white stripes on them that they give out at taco time or Chinese buffets.)
2 comments:
Twins??? How exciting! Congrats! Pregnancy is the best and worst thing ever. Try to enjoy each moment though because it goes by soooo fast! Keep us all posted on how your feeling. I can't wait to know about everything that happens!
Tabi, I am sooooo excited!!!!
Post a Comment