Friday, April 29, 2011

baby's first!?!


I didn't think it would be this soon... but Kleyton got his first BLACK EYE the other day :(  Sad I know!!  And he looks so stinkin sad in this picture too.  I was feeding them and Kollin started throwing a fit when I started to burp him and threw himself back, head butting poor little Kleytons eye.  Kleyton didn't even cry, he just sat there and looked at Kollin like "what the HEck big brother!?!"  but 10 minutes later he cryed, and cryed, and cryed and his eye got redder and puffier and sadder looking and then he threw up....a lot.  I started freaking out, because what if it hit him so hard that he got a concussion? I mean, you never know!  and since it was almost nap time, and since I had just watched a ghost whisperer that had a kid with a concussion on it and we all know how everyone on that show ends up, and since I'm a paranoid new mom I had a little panic running through my veins.     I checked the pupils of his eyes and they still dilated and I called Kole and he said that if they are dilating he should be fine.  But needless to say I pretty much checked on him every 5 minutes when I finally put him down for a nap.  He's fine, he such a little trooper and woke up like in the picture but very happy and giggly.  (for some reason in the picture he looks super grumpy,  I think he knew 'oh mommy is taking a picture of my eye, better look upset'  because 2 seconds later he started laughing...)  It started to get better that night, so when Kole got home he had to ask which eye it was. But the next morning it was pretty swollen and hard for him to open... but through out the day you couldn't tell again.  Thankfully Kleyton is too little to know about revenge.... otherwise I'm sure Kollin would have had an equally black/ swollen eye....   I grew up with mostly sisters and I know all the bumps and bruises I got from that,  so have twin boys:   WHAT AM I GONNA DO WHEN THEY GET BIGGER!?!?!

1 comment:

Mangelson's said...

Poor thing, but it did look much better yesterday.