What have you been up to?
I've been getting asked this a lot lately. Probably because I haven't seen or talked to a lot of the people I normally keep in contact with. Sorry everyone, I seriously never imagined how busy being a mom makes you. I'm still learing how to juggle the babies, family, friends, etc etc. so bare with me until I get it figured out. And to answer the question:
A Lot !
Taking care of these boys is a full time job. Not only because there is two of them, but because they are in the ' I want someone to hold me and play with me all the time' and the 'I'm hungry now... not in a few minutes, but NOW -out of no where' stages... Super fun! But seriously, they are super fun and getting more smiley and playing with toys a little better now and rolling over --sometimes--. I love them so much and they amaze me everyday. I feel like I have the cutest smartest boys ever, but I think most moms feel that way.
Now that the weather is getting better we've been spending more time outside. We go on walks, which don't last to long because they get bored and tired and just want to be held and Kollin has this awful habbit of fighting his sleep. ugh!! They do like to be outside though. Just as long as they are being entertained or held. So while I'm trying to pull these crazy weeds which have taken over our front yard (have I ever mentioned how much I hate zerolandscaping!! Weed city!) the boys play on a blanket in the shade. And we've been able to go to Madi and Karters soccer games. They LOVE going to those because there is so much to look at.
The boys are 5 months old now and I have no idea where the time has gone! I feel like they just came home from the hospital.. They both are getting bigger and I love it. We've been trying to spend more time with family and try to go more places now that it's warm enough but they are also going through the 'I HATE MY CARSEAT' stage. So for the most part we hang out at home and watch mickey mouse and practice their baby food eating, standing, rolling, giggling, toy grabbing skills.
We have also been home bodies lately because we are trying to spend as much time together as a family as possible before Kole deploys...
-I don't think I've mentioned that on here yet. Probably because it's a very hard thing to talk about and everytime I even think of doing all this without him I end up breaking down. I am not at liberty to say when exactly he leaves, where exactly he is going, or how long exactly he'll be gone for: at least on the internet because you never know who is reading this. Our family, friends, and military family have been very supportive and I am so greatful for all the love and offered help from everyone. It is going to be a very trying time for us but we will make it through. We have an amazing little family of 4 and we can do anything together.. even if that means that we'll have to be apart for a little while. I love my husband so much and am so proud of the amazing man that he is. Thank you honey- for all that you do as a husband, father and soldier. We love you more than anything!-
So if I miss a phone call or a night out I hope you all understand that I would rather just be at home with my hasband and kids enjoying the time we have left before he has to go.
....so onto a different note... here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately....
(Kollin wanted to be naked one day, everytime I tried to put clothes on him he would freak out. So I let him hang out in his diaper. but then he got cold. I guess a blanket is ok, but not clothes! lol)
It is finally that time of year where RSV season is starting to slow down and we felt comfortable enough to take the boys to church! Just in time to wear their tie shirts before they got to small:)
Last weekend Kole was getting ready to go to summer camp. This camp he had to take all his gear so they know what he has and doesn't have. They got new backpacks that are supposed to be amazing because they can carry almost everything....looks like he even got the kitchen sink with how big that thing was. He wouldn't even let me attempt to pick it up because it was so heavy. (keep in mind my husband is 6'2". I can't even imagine how this would look on guys shorter than him)
Last week was also Madi and Karters last soccer games. It was a beautiful day and everyone had a lot of fun!
(karter as the goalie-He blocked every shot!)
(Kris and Kooper)
(Boosty and Kollin)
Watching the games:)
Karter and his ribbon
Daddy and Kollin
Kris and Kleyton
Madi! #8
If you couldn't tell how nice the day was.. Just look at the kids with the BRIGHT sun shining in their eyes!
They both did such a good job! I can't wait until it's our kids playing sports:)
1 comment:
Wow Tabs! Youre a busy Mom! You are doing so great!
No doubt it will be hard with a deployed husband, but he is very much appreciated for his service!
Post a Comment