Saturday, July 16, 2011

Amazed!

Before I continue with all the many, many photos of catching up I need to post on here I first needed to put some pictures up for Kole to see.

Our back yard was really Hot, dirty, dry, full of weeds and Blah... :(  
We thought it would be a long time before we could do any landscaping because we put a pretty penny into the fence so when our boys learn to walk they don't fall 20 feet down into the neighbors yard. 
Anyway,  while I was in Alaska (I will put up pictures soon I promise!)  I got a phone call from a dear friend of mine who also happens to be my relief society president.  She asked if I wanted a backyard.  I had no idea what she meant but she continued to explain that the bishop in our ward( who is such an amazing person through and through) would like to give us an actual back yard as well as another military family in our ward as the young men/women's youth conference service project this year.  There were tons of people donating their time and products and everything would be taken care of.
My first thought was shock and disbelief and that turned into a feeling of not being worthy and guilt for even thinking of making all of these people do this for us.  I reluctantly said yes(hopefully I didn't sound reluctant because I was also very excited!) and they continued to plan everything out.
I started to get really excited and then came the guilt again.  I feel like we are capable of doing it ourselves eventually and I was starting to feel really bad.
So the other day I had a long conversation with the commanders wife about many things and the subject of my yard came up.  I expressed to her how grateful i was that so many people would be willing to do this for us but that I felt bad at the same time.  She gave me some very wise words of advice that someone once gave her......" If you deny someone to give service to you, you are denying them of blessings."

Those words stuck with me.  If my amazing ward and stake didn't want to do this amazing thing for us they wouldn't even have thought about it. This is the way they are showing their love and support for my military family.

I just want everyone who was involved in anyway with this project, to know how truly, truly grateful we are for all of you.  This has been such a humbling experience for me.  I have the most amazing people in my life and I am so blessed.  My husband is so glad to know that there are so many who are willing to do anything for his family and I know that it puts him at ease when he is away.   There are no words for how I feel.  All I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that was given to and done for us.  We appreciate it more than you know.   Love The Ramsay family 



Before




                                                                              During.....








                                                      And After... (doesn't it look amazing!!!)



1 comment:

Mangelson's said...

Wooot!!! I am so excited for you. Yay!!!!